On Air TOM IRONSIDE

Playing now: Simple Minds - Don't You Forget About Me

Playing next: -  

Warning Over E-Cig Chargers After Eastfield Fire

Warning Over E-Cig Chargers After Eastfield Fire

Published by Matthew Pells at 6:01am 27th July 2020. (Updated at 7:12am 27th July 2020)

Users of E-Cigarettes are being warned about the risk of them causing house fires after a blaze in Eastfield last week.

Crews from Scarborough and Filey dealt with a fire in the bedroom of a domestic property on Thursday morning which caused fire, heat and smoke damage to a pile of clothing, a bed and the bedroom.

Two men suffered smoke inhalation and received oxygen on scene, they were both taken to hospital by ambulance for a precautionary check up.

The fire had been extinguished by workmen using buckets of water.

The cause of the fire is believed to be an e-cigarette battery charger. Dave Winspear from North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue says some devices have a spring loaded charging mechanism and that people with these devices should check them carefully when leaving them to charge.

 

Dave says overheating chargers are a common issue.

Comments

No comments have been posted and approved yet.

Submit a Comment

Submit A Comment