Playing now: ABBA - The Winner Takes It All

Playing next: -  

Bridlington Man Fined for Littering

Bridlington Man Fined for Littering

Published by Jon Burke at 12:17pm 31st October 2019.

A man from Bridlington has received a £100 fixed penalty notice, after he was caught throwing litter from his car.

The man was seen carrying out the littering on Hilderthorpe Road, Bridlington, in September this year by a streetscene enforcement officer from the council.

He admitted an offence of littering and was issued with the fixed penalty notice.

East Riding of Yorkshire Council continues to remind residents they are responsible for disposing of their own waste properly and legally – either by using their household bins or taking it to their local household waste recycling site.

Residents are also reminded of the risks of using illegal firms or individuals who advertise waste collection services, but instead they fly-tip the waste they collect.

To prevent themselves becoming the victims of fly-tipping, residents are encouraged to use the council’s SCRAP Code (SEE BELOW) which advises what checks they need to make when hiring someone to take away rubbish to make sure they are genuine.

Head of streetscene services at East Riding of Yorkshire Council, Paul Tripp, said:

“To help prevent fly-tipping, residents have a responsibility to make sure they dispose of their waste correctly and legally.

Use our household waste and recycling sites or hire registered waste carriers who operate legally, get a receipt and take the person’s details. If not you could be left paying a fine.”

Fly-tipping information:

- Residents can report any fly-tipping or suspicious activity to the council on 01482 393939, or online at
- People are asked not to touch any fly-tipped waste or approach anyone they see fly-tipping.
- To find your nearest household waste recycling site visit the council’s website and search for ‘recycling’.
- The council provides a service offering to take away bulky waste, which costs £31 for up to five items, and can be booked through the website. Just search for ‘bulky waste collections’.
- For guidance on how to check if a person is a licensed registered waste carrier visit the council’s website
- Firms operating legally will hold a waste carriers’ licence and be registered with the Environment Agency. Residents can check that registration online at or by calling the Environment Agency on 03708 506 506.


There is 1 comment on this page.

Fileyman, on 31st October 2019 5:18pm
I don't agree with littering but it amazes me how this offence was seen but other offences including bike riding through red lights, using mobiles whilst driving, illegal parking are never seen

Submit a Comment

Submit A Comment