Nursery Lunchtime Assistant
Lunch Time Assistant
Supervising and supporting mealtimes and adhering to childrens individual dietary needs. Feeding babies, and encouraging feeding. Have good communication skills and a understanding of EYFS practises.
Duties and responsibilities.
- Supervise and support mealtime routines within the nursery settling
- Feeding babies and supporting development
- Understanding and implementing individual dietary needs.
- Supporting individual children’s needs
- Show and understanding of the importance of providing clean environment so that children can undertake activities and routines safely.
- maintain confidentiality of any children records/photos seen and protect their welfare in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Respect confidentiality of all Jitterbugs staff and parents.
- Personal self hygiene and appearance must be maintained at all times to portray a good image for our clientele.
- You will be personally responsible for cleaning your own personal uniforms tabbards/ aprons that issued by Jitterbugs.
- To comply with all health and safety procedures, and to follow Jitterbugs policies and procedures. Using safety signs provided
- To participate in self appraisals and supervision when required, in order for us to monitor your progress and feed back any areas for improvement.
- An awareness of the need of children.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety practices.
- Understanding relevant administration procedures and knowledge of basic record.
- Understanding equal opportunities issues and practices relating to the aims and objectives of community groups, ie race culture religion etc.
- Work as part of a team, sharing working knowledge and skills.
- Work flexibility and able to rearrange work plans in relating to changing priorities.
- Interact sensitively with other workers, children and carers.
- Able to quickly assimilate new procedures and working methods.
- Understand first line child protection with training in accordance with Jitterbugs and safeguarding procedures.
- Participate in training programmes.
- Ensure good hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all time.
- To under take any other duties which maybe required from time to time.
2 hrs a day Monday-Friday 11.30am- 1.30pm 10 hrs